Nursing is a career path that attracts individuals who care deeply about others and are dedicated to sustaining and improving the quality of life. Healthcare leaders at San Diego Hospice and The Institute for Palliative Medicine know that nurses can work in a diverse selection of healthcare industries; yet, its team members believe that a career path in the hospice industry can provide nurses with a life-affirming experience, using their talents to optimize quality of life for patients and families, and helping them make the most of each moment for as long as life lasts.
Nurses who choose to work at San Diego Hospice benefit from a rewarding career that assists patients, and families, through one of the most compelling times in their lives. Below are some quotes from San Diego Hospice nurses and clinical support staff that reflect these benefits:
- “At San Diego Hospice, the staff genuinely care for and support each other, and work as a team.” – Karen Witherly, San Diego Hospice Nurse Practitioner.
- “All of the employees work as a team. Healthcare is delivered here the way it should be – thoroughly and with ultimate respect for the patient and their families. It is a very welcoming place to work.” – Molly Ashenfelter, San Diego Hospice RN
- “Professional, extremely competent staff whom have maintained their capacity for compassion and caring. That’s a rare find.” – Arlene Cramer, San Diego Hospice Nurse Practitioner
- “Being a nurse at San Diego Hospice is special and unique in every way. We have unity and compassion - it’s a family oriented environment.” - Eleanor Fernando, San Diego Hospice LVN
- “The knowledge, expertise and compassion of our team is incredible.” – Geri Byington, San Diego Hospice RN
In addition to a rewarding career at San Diego Hospice, nurses can enjoy attractive job benefits including generous paid time off, comprehensive benefit packages, and the opportunity to be part of an interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals.
We believe our nurses and clinical staff create the foundation for providing the best day of patient and family care – every day. With this in mind, we are inviting more nurses to join our dynamic and compassionate care teams!
Please join us for our upcoming Nursing Professionals Recruitment Open House on:
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
San Diego Hospice Inpatient Care Center
4311 Third Ave San Diego CA, 92103 (Hillcrest area)
This Nursing Professionals Recruitment Open House is geared towards local nurses with at least one year of acute care experience who are considering a career as a hospice nurse or want to learn more about joining San Diego Hospice, one of the largest community-owned, not-for-profit hospices in the country. Nurses are encouraged to drop in during this open house and bring a hard copy and, if possible, an electronic version (i.e. on a thumb-drive or CD) of their resume. No RSVP is required.
The Open House will feature:
- Information about the benefits of working at San Diego Hospice
- Chance to meet and greet with the recruitment team and nurses
- Apply on the spot for open positions (including bilingual positions!)
- Enjoy light refreshments, raffle drawings, giveaway bags
- Tours of our beautiful Hillcrest campus.
Can’t make the Open House? Then find us on social media!
If you cannot attend the Open House, San Diego Hospice invites you to join its online communities! Check out the new Jobs tab on the San Diego Hospice Facebook page and through its Hospice Job Alerts Twitter handle @WorkatHospice. You can also search for San Diego Hospice job listings or career information on Twitter using the hashtags #hospicejobs and #hospicevalues. Both of these social networking sites include the latest nursing and other career opportunities, descriptions and links to apply. Also, don’t forget to visit the San Diego Hospice Careers webpage for the latest information on the organization or view all current job openings here.